Our Church Picture
It is our desire to be a people who are:
- connected to God
- connected to each other
- connected to our community
1. Connected to God in spirit and in truth
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
- Bible study - personal and group (Sabbath school, home groups, Wednesday night catch-up)
- Church service - worship, preaching, sacrificial giving
- Prayer - personal, group, corporate
2. Connected to each other in love and respect
“I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong - that is that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith”
“A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another”
- social gatherings
- small groups
3. Connected to our communities in friendship and service
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress